Tuesday 21 February 2012

The ghosts of my past

I was walking along the riverside,
When I noticed something wasn't right.

The rivers had stopped flowing,
And the birds,chirping.
Everywhere,the owls let out their hoot,
and the moon had lost it's glow,
Black,things had turned,covered with soot,
and all creatures were moving too slow.

I strode towards the city,
hoping the tide would change.
But no,people were staring oddly
and vehicles screeched to a halt.
The kids' faces had turned gloomy;
I was left pondering,who was at fault.

Then I realize it was a horrid dream,
All of it were the ghosts of my past!
I hope somebody wakes me out of it soon,
because for years,due to it,I've been aghast.


                                                                                            
                                                                                                              - Vineet A Y

No comments:

Post a Comment