Saturday 2 June 2012

The visit to CUPA


I'd read about it in the newspapers and gone through it's website,but I had no idea about what to expect from the visit to the CUPA animal shelter!

There were a lot of things going on in my head as I walked inside the campus before I reached the shelter.Once I reached the entrance,some sort of peace hit me!With mind clear of thoughts,I entered.The first thing anybody would notice will be DOGS!And lots of them.

Let me tell you something before I proceed further.I was SCARED of dogs and would have rather moved away from one than caressing it.

Coming back,you first see around 20 dogs just taking a nap everywhere around.And then when you walk further inside,you see many many more of them.And not just dogs,there are cats,cows,rabbits,calves and even a buffalo!At first sight,they all seem to be perfectly normal animals,but when you look further it hits you!Hits you very hard,in the heart!

There are animals with 3 limbs,animals with spinal problems,animals which were abandoned by their owners,animals abandoned at very young ages and animals with many other problems.They look at you with pain,but also with a sparkle in the eye and a smile on the face,for each one has a story to tell,a story of their own.The story of how they lived through the pain to see yet another day(mostly with the help of CUPA),with the hope of having a better tomorrow!

I walked further and ray of hope became bigger.The animals were vaccinated,well fed,well groomed and they seemed to be very happy!There are very cute pups and kittens up for adoption too!

Well,that was one of my best experiences in life ever!And I'm looking forward to helping the organization in all ways possible!

Feel free to visit their website
CUPA Bangalore





No comments:

Post a Comment